Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Aye, there it is... Rosanna

"Fetch me that flower; the herb I showed thee once:
The juice of it on sleeping eye-lids laid
Will make man or woman madly dote
Upon the next live creature that it sees".

Midsummer's is only a week away! Things are getting interesting!

The vest that my mum altered for my Puck costume arrived in the mail today. It looks amazing. I attatched some ribbons for leaves and a few flowers and roses to complete the look.

I've also created the Rosanna flower (which will be used to lead lovers astray!). I tried to felt some wool to create the flower.... but as it turns out, I suck at felting, and I ended up with a messy ball of wool. Gaah!
So today was put away to remedy this. I payed a visit to Price Attack, and found some purple and blue hair clips. Once home I added some purple wool (the stuff that wouldn't felt), stitched in some actual felt for petals, and completed it with some blanket stitch. For the remedy herb i merely used the plue flowers with green wool. Then i wacked in some florist wire to give it shape, and VIOLA!!!!

I also made this necklace the other night out of a chain, buttons, beads and some old jewellery making bits that were given to me. So it'll be my Puck necklace now. :) Very pleased with the crafty results.


Fin.

El xo

No comments:

Post a Comment